My Process For Setting & Achieving Goals

Beginning of the year is the perfect time to press reset on key areas of your life and business so that you can begin the year with energy...and create the results you want.

Every year I choose a personal theme to pull me forward. This works because without it, you're likely to fall back on old conditioning or old ways of looking at situations that keep you stuck exactly where you are now.

2014 will be a very special year for me. My theme will be - "to Act as If". Transformation was my keyword for the last 2 years and indeed I invested in myself and my business a lot and learned a lot.

Now it's time to step to a whole new level! This year is going to be about “to Act as If” in every possible levels - in business, in my private life and my health-wellbeing business. it's time for me to make another significant leap forward in income, reach and impact.

Today I’ll discuss my process for setting and achieving goals—and how you can make sure this year you hit your monetary goals without question.

Here's how this will work for you: If your goal is to create a 6-figure business (which, for many important reasons, I highly recommend be every woman lawyer entrepreneur's initial income goal!) then it's time to start acting “As-If” you already are that level.

Here are some of my biggest discoveries about running a business:

  • MINDSET is everything. Stop playing small and start to embrace your greatness. "Acting as if" - it's about taking decisions from your future's point of view - this is what takes you to the place you want to be at.
  • You don't need to have it all figured out! Taking imperfect action is the motto. Get guidance and go. JUST DO IT!
  • You have everything it takes to be a great lawyer. What you need is business building skills.
  • You need FOCUS so you stop spinning your wheels. Stop investing into every shiny object you come across! You only need 7 things to build a profitable business 
  • Marketing can be SIMPLE, if you know how to do it. Stop being all over the place. You would be amazed to see how simple your marketing plan can be. 
  • Building on your STRENGTHS is key to building an authentic legal practice. You have so many talents - just use them and stop copying others.

Would you like me to share one of the best-practices I use to get the year started powerfully?

Before the year began (you can do it in January too), I have net worth targets, and a plan for where the income will be drawn from and where it will be moved to, and how it will be safeguarded, in order to hit those targets, month by month and at year’s end.

Without targets, you are a blind archer. Treating goal-setting as the end of the process will put you in the vast majority of people who set goals and do very little to manage the achievement of the goals they set.
Then, I make a list of as much of the entire year’s income beforehand, on paper, looking to see who will be giving me money, when, for what, noting what I need to do to “collect.”

I measure daily my collected earnings, what’s under contract, to be collected earnings, whether or not I’m on pace, ahead of schedule or lagging behind.

I also maintain a daily plus/minus count against the target total in dollars.

That fact embodies two things of significance: First, I have income targets. Second, I daily measure where I am in relationship to them. if there’s a gap, figure out how to bridge it.

You must be serious about monitoring money daily.

Will you be on target, ahead of the game or lagging behind in your income target for the year? If behind, what do you plan to do about it?

How about your dreams and goals?

NOW is the perfect time to go for them!

This is YOUR year to thrive - to build am authentic law practice.

How determined are you to make this happen?

Do you know what you're going to do differently to STOP being stressed about money and finding clients?

Do you really want it? Start implementing NOW!

You may not know the answers to these questions in this moment but do not let that stop you! Avoiding the questions doesn't empower you - it takes you out of the game and trust me, you want and need to stay IN the game of entrepreneurship because the financial and personal growth rewards are priceless!

This is YOUR year - and now is the best time to get started and “Act as If”. Apply it to every aspect of your business...and your life...and you'll find yourself automatically feeling confident, making empowered decisions and making more money.

If you want a Business Acceleration session of how you can use this in your business, please click here  to schedule a call with me.

You might also like:
What is your relationship with money?
How to manifest a new client, money?
The Secret to Successful Networking is Following Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis