The MOST Important Time of the Day

"It’s easy to be negative and unmotivated, but it takes some work to be positive and motivated. While there’s no off button those relentless ‘tapes’, there are things that you do to turn down the volume and shift your focus the negative to the positive".  Donna Cardillo, R.N.

We spend a lot of time dealing with what I call “the chatter box in our heads”. We beat ourselves up for things we have done in the past, worry about how to do things perfectly in the future, and obsess about all there is to do in the NOW.

To relieve ourselves from the internal chaos, we dive headfirst into as much busywork as we can. And then, we feel completely out of control, or worse, out of touch with our true desires. This is why—although I’m a huge advocate of getting things done—I also believe the MOST important time of any day for entrepreneurs is your quiet time.

Today I want to share with you an important part of my focusing regimen – I call it “45 minutes just before going to bed”.


I set aside 45 minutes at the end of the day- just before going to sleep – to acknowledge my successes, review my goals, focus on my successful future, and make specific plans for what I want to accomplish the next day. When I faced with a difficult situation or I need guidance, I ask a specific question to give me clarity. The next morning I get the clear answer I even did not think before. I learned to trust my intuition and take immediate actions.

Why do I suggest the end of the day? Because whatever you read, see, listen to and experience during the last 45 minutes of the day has a huge influence on your sleep and your next day. During the night, your unconscious mind replays and processes this late-night input up to 6 times more often than anything else you experienced during the day. This is why watching a scary movie before bed will give you nightmares. As you drift off to sleep, you enter into the alpha brain wave state of consciousness – a state in which you are very suggestible. If you drift off to sleep while visualizing the entire day going exactly as you want it, you give your consciousness all night to work on creating ways to make it all happen just as you have visualized it.

Get into the habit now of visualizing your ideal next day the night before. It will make a huge difference in your life.

Let me share a secret with you: I NEVER get true clarity, great ideas, or brilliant answers while sitting at my desk or while working on my computer. They ALWAYS generate when I give myself space and silence.

QUESTION: I’d love to hear YOUR practices along these lines. How do you make time to hear what you need to hear? Please share your COMMENTS below!

If you want a Business Acceleration session of how you can use this in your business, please Click here to schedule a call with me.

You might also like: 
Create Your 2014 PROFIT Marketing Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis